Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Good Life


Lunch at Lee's (from left to right: Silvie, Stu, Sarah, Susan and Dave)

I've been in Thailand now for exactly 3 weeks and the end of this stopover in Thailand is slowly coming closer. Friday I will take the train back to Bangkok and monday I will fly to melbourne. Once again I can say it has been absolutely wonderful. Nongkhai is such a nice place. Though I'm sure that a lot of people would think it's the most boring place in the world since there's not that much to see here.
I've been hanging out with my friends here, working on my portfolio and writing job application letters for a job in Melbourne, having lunches at Lee's, who makes the best vegetarian food ever, having fresh coconuts while listening to live performances of The Rubberband (listen to some songs I recorded down below) in the Gaia Bar (a great bar floating on the Mekhong). And I think it was during one of their songs I thought to myself: 'This is the good life'.
But as I said, it's all coming to an end soon, and that's ok, 'cause I'm sure Australia is going to be great too...

The first 4 songs were played by the whole band (Anton on the accordion, Lee on the violin, Christina on the guitar and David on percussion), the last 2 are played by Lee (voice and guitar) and Susan (flute)...


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home