Saturday, November 10, 2007

The end is only the beginning

Yes, I'm home again. I arrived back in Belgium wednesday around 11am after that very long and exhausting trip from Bangkok. Eventhough it's always nice going back home, back to a place you know very well, were you can relax and see your old friends again; my return hasn't been too great. I've had major jetlag and a really bad cold, the weather is horrible outside and all kinds of small things seem to be going wrong. But today is the first day that seems to be a bit better.

So the end is the beginning. Of what? As some of you already know, I have some new big plans. I'm planning on going to Australia, hopefully in januari. On my way to Australia I will visit my friends in Nongkhai again for a few weeks, and after that I will fly to Melbourne, were I'm going to try to find a job and will stay for a while, maybe indefinitely, if I really like it there. But right now I'm trying to organise this trip to the land of Oz. I've started my visa-application, something that shouldn't be to hard, but of course for some reason that I don't know (though I think it has to do with the fact that I've been traveling in poor countries in the last few years) they have asked me to get a chest x-ray, before they can approve my visa. Monday I will get the x-ray, and hopefully everything will be ok, so they can approve my visa, and I can book my flight. I'll keep you posted on my progress in organising this trip. And I'll post the link to my new Australia blog as soon as it's ready...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home