Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Computer troubles

The morning after I arrived back in Bangkok, I took the bus to the train station to buy my train ticket to Nongkhai for the 24th. But unfortunately my computer decided that I should stay in Bangkok a little longer. As I told you before, my parents took my laptop to Cambodia, I asked them to do this so that I would be able to work a little bit when I return to Nongkhai, where I will stay until the end of my trip. But when I used my laptop last week it was incredibly slow and when I was back in Bangkok I discovered there were some serious problems with the operating system, and possibly the hard disk. Luckily there is an Apple Service Provider in Bangkok, so I paid them a visit and they agreed that there was a problem and would look at it. I went straight to train station and delayed my departure for 2 days. This morning I phoned the Apple shop and they had good news, they were able to fix the problem by reformatting the hard disk, off course this means I lost all my software, but I shouldn't have too many problems reinstalling them. All my documents were on an external hard disk so I still have them. And I'm happy that it was all fixed relatively quick and cheap (it cost me about 25 euros). And if all goes to plan I will be on my way to Nongkhai tomorrow evening...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home