Sunday, August 19, 2007

Nongkhai

I arrived in Nongkhai a few days ago. Nongkhai is a town on the banks of the Mekong and on the Lao Border, close to Vientiane. I was here in december 2004, when I did a 7 day intensive yoga course. And that's why I'm back here again, to do some more yoga. Nongkhai has been upgraded a bit since I was here last time. There were only a few places where you could see the river, but now they have built a beautiful path with sitting areas next to the Mekong. And the Mut Mee Guesthouse where I'm staying has a new bar, floating on the river. For the rest it's really still the same quiet, laid back town with not too many tourists.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ter informatie: ik neem aan dat Jan Kriekels en zijn Jaganen dit jaar niet naar de Burning Man zijn gegaan, maar misschien interesseert het je toch te weten dat er iets is fout gegaan bij het festival: 'The Man Burns Five Days Early During Lunar Eclipse!' Er staat een heel bericht over in Wired (op het internet). Groetjes! Lb.

August 28, 2007 at 10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home