Sunday, August 5, 2007

Sawatdee Kah*



Yes, indeed, I'm in Thailand again. I left Penang thursday and arrived on the island of Koh Phangan the next morning. But unfortunately I'm not doing that yogacourse that I was planning to do. Before I left Penang I read some bad reviews, though I still wanted to check it out by myself. But on the nightboat to Koh Phangan I met a guy who'd been living here for several years already and he has some friends who did the yogacourse, thinking it was an ordinary yogacourse, but after about 2 weeks it became clear it was some kind of sex cult. Anyway, I decided not to go there and go to another beach, do some yoga on my own and try to figure out what I'm going to do next.
Being in Thailand again is nice though. The food is great and it's nice to see these little details, that I already forgot about, like people wearing a lot of yellow (because they like their king so much and yellow is his birth color), the language that almost sounds like they're singing, ...
Thailand has become a lot more expensive though, not that the prices have gone up that much, but the Baht is a lot stronger, while I got about 50 Baht for a euro last tie, I'm only getting 40 Baht or a euro now, and that makes a big differnce in my budget... I guess I'll simply have to spend a little more money while I'm here...

*in case you didn't know: 'sawatdee kah(p)' means hello in Thai

Nederlandse tekst komt er aan als ik een plek vind waar 't internet wat goedkoper is...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home