Monday, July 30, 2007

Georgetown



I arrived in Georgetown saturday evening. It's a nice and relaxed town, not too big, easy to walk around. There is a lot of Chinese influence, with a lot of Chinese signs, temples, clan houses and restaurants. And there are also a lot of Indian shops and restaurants. I hoped to find some kind of meditation course in Penang, with all those buddhist temples around, but so far haven't really found anything. I did find 2 flyers for yoga courses however. They are both in Thailand, one of them I already did once and was great, but It's only a 7day course and it's in the north-east of Thailand, against the border with Laos. The other course is in Koh Phangan, it's a month-long intensive, though you can also stay for a shorter time. So I think I'm going to check out that second course. I'll have to organise a 2-month visa for Thailand here in Penang, and then I'm off ...

Nederlandse tekst komt nog

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hoi Bevertje,

zo te lezen gaat alles wel ok met je, toch? ben steeds weer een beetje jaloers op je als ik je site bezoek... zoveel te zien en zoveel meegemaakt! johan en ik vertrekken woensdag nog op vakantie naar het noorden van spanje; eindelijk wat zon en warmte want hier is het nog niets geweest! heel dikke knuffel, Saïga

July 30, 2007 at 10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home