Monday, November 5, 2007

Last day in Bangkok

Leaving Nongkhai was harder than expected. Physically, because there was a train strike, the first one in about 20 years, which meant I had to stay one day longer in Nongkhai. But I didn't really mind staying longer. And mentally, because I had to say goodbye to so many lovely people. Nongkhai really feels like a second home now.
But I finally arrived back in Bangkok, and I've been indulging myself with shopping, massages and good food. The shopping isn't completely going to plan today, because I kind of forgot that most of the market stalls in the Kao San area are closed on mondays. I hope they will open tonight, but I'm afraid they will not. But I've had a few nice massages. And I've had some really good food at Spicy Affair (Indian food), their Malai Kofta is delicious, and at Maykaidee's, the best vegetarian food in town.
All that's left for me to do now is pack my bag and have a good night sleep before embarking on the long journey home...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home