Monday, June 11, 2007

Bali Jimbaran


Yesterday evening I arrived in Bali. My flight from Singapore had a delay of 1,5 hours but luckily my airport-pickup was still waiting for me at the airport. I immediately saw that I would like Bali. The roads look a bit like Indian roads, a bit dirty, with lots of little roadside eateries and shops. They have the character I missed in Singapore.
This morning I walked a little bit around in Jimbaran. It's a lazy, but busy little town. I haven't seen many tourists here. But apparently most tourists come at night from Kuta to eat seafood on the beach and watch the sunset. I did have a lot of trouble finding a place to internet, I guess there really are not that many tourists here.
Today and tomorrow I wil stay here in Jimbaran and relax a bit at the pool in my hotel. Wednesday I will try to get to Ubud, though I'm not sure how t get there from here. The easiest way would be a taxi, but that would be quite expensive. And I haven't seen any bemo's (little busses) here. If I want to go Ubud by bemo I would probably have to change bemo 2 or 3 times before I get there...


Gisterenavond ben ik in Bali aangekomen. Mijn vlucht uit Singapore had anderhalf uur vertraging maar gelukkig stond mijn airport-pickup nog op mij te wachten in de luchthaven. Bali beviel me direct. De staten lijken een beetje op de straten in India, een beetje vuil en met een hoop winkeltjes en kleine eetgelegenheidjes langs de weg. Ze hebben 't karakter dat ik in Singapore zo miste.
Vanochtend heb ik een beetje rondgelopen in Jimbaran. 't Is een lui, maar druk klein stadje. Ik heb hier nog niet veel toeristen gezien. Blijkbaar komen de meeste toeristen 's avonds met bussen uit Kuta om van de zonsondergang te genieten terwijl ze lekkere gebarbecuede vis,scampi's of kreeft eten... Ik had wel wat moeite om internet te vinden, waarschijnlijk omdat hier echt niet zoveel toeristen zitten.
Vandaag en morgen blijf ik nog in Jimbaran om een beetje te relaxen bij 't zwembad in 't hotel. Woensdag zal ik proberen naar Ubud te gaan, al weet ik nog niet hoe ik daar precies kan geraken vanuit Jimbaran. Het gemakkelijkst zou met de taxi zijn, maar ik vrees dat dat een beetje te duur is. En ik heb hier nog geen bemo's (kleine busjes) gezien. En als ik met de bemo naar Ubud wil gaan zal ik waarschijnlijk 2 of 3 keer moeten overstappen...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger htroika said...

Hi.

Wow! I am hoping to go there myself this year (or at least next year, definitely a must!).

By the way, where do you stay? I am so amazed by Conrad Bali Resort And Spa. What's your opinion?
Thanks and enjoy your stay! Oh, happy shopping too..!!

Regards,
-mr.ular-
http://southeastasia-travel.blogspot.com

June 11, 2007 at 8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home