Saturday, June 9, 2007

a shopper's paradise


I've been in Singapore for almost 3 days now and I'm beginning to like it more and more. Yesterday I went shopping. Singapore is a heaven for shoppers. There are so many malls. Yesterday I went to Orchard Road which is probably the street with the most malls. Many shops sell European brands and they are a bit expensive. I wanted to buy some small speakers for my mp3-player and I discovered later that I got totally ripped off! I went to several shops on Orchard Road were they sold them and they all sold them for 29 S$ and they said is was a good price because there were sales. So I bought them. Of course when I was walking around Bugis street, another area with hundreds of little shops, I saw that the speakers were sold there for only 10 S$ :-( I guess they will try to rip off tourists whereever you go...
This morning I had breakfast with Anita and Jay, at a little place close to their house and then I walked all the way to the Malay Village which is a little area where they still have the traditional wooden houses, but I thought it all looked a little run down. However there was a great market next to it. They sold clothes, fabric and and food (fresh fish, meat and veggies) there, it was very buzzy and I regret not taking my camera...

nederlandse versie komt nog

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home